Apple Walnut Bars Recipe
If you need a homespun snack or bake sale treat that can be assembled in a hurry, try these moist nutty bars. The squares are sweet, flavorful and loaded with chopped apple and nuts. Best of all, they won't break the bank because they cost only 15¢ per bar. —Jennifer Dzubinski San Antonio, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in apple and walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC