Apple Waffle Grills
Sonia Daily needs only four ingredients for this handheld standby. "The quick and easy sandwiches also make great lunches," notes the Warren, Michigan cook. "My husband likes it when I add a slice of ham between the waffles."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 frozen waffles, thawed
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add two waffles;
- top each with one cheese slice, apple slices, and remaining cheese
- and waffles. Cook until waffles are lightly toasted on both sides
- and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.