Apple Venison Meat Loaf
Venison is a nice change of pace from turkey for a holiday meal. This meat loaf doesn’t taste gamey, and our guests enjoy it—especially the ones who stay with us during hunting season.Lorraine McClain, Republican City, NE
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 pounds ground venison
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble venison
- over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until no pink
- remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 239 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.