Apple Venison Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble venison over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 239 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Apple Venison Meat Loaf
"Instead of venison I used 100% grass-fed beef and I was pleased with the results!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.