Apple Venison Meat Loaf Recipe
Venison is a nice change of pace from turkey for a holiday meal. This meat loaf doesn’t taste gamey, and our guests enjoy it—especially the ones who stay with us during hunting season.Lorraine McClain, Republican City, NE
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 pounds ground venison
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble venison over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Venison Meat Loaf in Country Woman December/January 2010, p65
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple Venison Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
Instead of venison I used 100% grass-fed beef and I was pleased with the results!