I like to take leftover holiday turkey and turn it into this delicious potpie. Apples and raisins add sweetness. —Georgia MacDonald, Dover, New Hampshire
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large unpeeled tart apples, cubed
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; flute edges and cut slits in top.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Turkey Potpie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p65
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Turkey Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review