Apple Turkey Potpie Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large unpeeled tart apples, cubed
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; flute edges and cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 389 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Apple Turkey Potpie
"Very quick and easy. However, I found 11X17 to big. I used a 9 inch pie pan and that worked much better."
"This looks good. Does anyone know if applesauce can be substututed for the apple?"
"This is really delicious! I liked it so much the first time I made it, I made it again for my parents when I was visiting home two days later. The second time around I used 1/2 cup onion and I added 1/4 teaspoon salt."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer