- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 6 slices reduced-calorie bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna and apple. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Apple Tuna Sandwiches
"This was really good! Definitely a good healthy recipe."
"This is fantastic! I used it as a garnish to my fresh made foccacia bread. Thank you very much for sharing,"
"Was really good, Best Apple Tuna I've ever Had! Doubled Recipe, halved and added 2 Hard Boiled Eggs with 1Tsp Parsley to 1 half, Both Where Great."
"This was delicious! I am not a fan of tuna, but I enjoyed this recipe. The only substitution I made was green onion for the yellow onion just as a personal preference. Will definitely make this again."
"I've never had any not like this. Don't be afraid to put the apple in."
"Replaced my old tuna recipe! My kids and I are loving the apples and celery! Light, great texture, delicious!"
"I've been making this tuna salad since the recipe was in the magazine in the 90s. It's my favorite way to eat tuna...delicious!"
"makes tuna salad a bit more special"