Apple Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 6 slices reduced-calorie bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna and apple. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple Tuna Sandwiches
Sort By :
I don't like tuna, but this recipe is excellent with chicken instead. Favorite lunch sandwich filling for spring and summer.
Replaced my old tuna recipe! My kids and I are loving the apples and celery! Light, great texture, delicious!
Great taste and easy! We did not make a sandwich, but used it as a side salad for lunch. Substituted red onion, slivered almonds and a bit of pepper and salt. Will definitely make again.
I've been making this tuna salad since the recipe was in the magazine in the 90s. It's my favorite way to eat tuna...delicious!
makes tuna salad a bit more special
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Sandwich Salad Recipes >
- Sandwiches >