My husband doesn't normally like apples in his salad, but he really likes this. It has a nice mixture of ingredients and is very easy to make.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels or walnuts
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, apple, onion and sunflower kernel. Add dressing and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Apple Tossed Salad in Country Extra July 2001, p49
Reviews for Apple Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review