Apple-Topped Pork Loin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. In a large skillet, heat oil; brown roast on all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes.
- 2. Combine the topping ingredients; spread over top of roast. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 205 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer