Apple-Topped Pork Loin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. In a large skillet, heat oil; brown roast on all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes.
- 2. Combine the topping ingredients; spread over top of roast. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 slice: 205 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Apple-Topped Pork Loin
"Tasted great ! Pork was moist!"
"I had plans to make this recipe exactly as written but I was only able to put the rub on the roast, brown the roast, and then I had to throw it in my crock pot on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Still amazing! It was very moist and the flavor was outstanding. I'm not a big fan of caraway seeds, but it was really, really good. I do want to try the recipe as written, but based on my first try, delicious!!!!"
"This was not difficult and a big hit with my dinner guests! They're all asking for the recipe."
"My husband liked this a lot. I thought I was rather sweet."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer