Apple-Topped Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen brown bits. Pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup apple juice and honey; cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove chops and apples to a serving platter and keep warm, reserving pan juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork and apples. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apple-Topped Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
Very good. . . Easy to make. . . Love the gravy. I seasoned the pork chops like i normally would. I really like the cooked apples. .. made the dish very light and tasty.
We all felt this was flavorless.
This was a big hit at supper. We loved it. The pork chops were moist not dry. This one falls in my favorite and rates 5*.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >