- fold gently into batter. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet until foamy. Add the apples, lemon juice and
- peel; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook oatcakes. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot
- greased griddle. Cook until bubbles form; turn and cook until
- browned on other side.
- For apples, combine sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; add to apple
- mixture and cook 2 minutes longer or until tender. Serve warm over
- oatcakes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.