Apple-Topped Biscuits Recipe
Sharon Rose Ristich of Rochester, New York creates a tasty fruit topping for convenient refrigerated biscuits. “I usually double this recipe and put it in two pie plates to serve a crowd,” she says. “It really isn't hard to make the topping, but in a pinch, you can substitute canned apple pie filling instead,” she suggests.
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. Transfer apple mixture to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place biscuits over apples. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Topped Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC