- Grill apples, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes, basting and turning
- frequently or until lightly browned.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, thyme and apple juice
- until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Slice the grilled apples; stir into sauce. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 266 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.