Apple Tart Recipe
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- In a small skillet, heat 3/4 cup sugar, stirring constantly until it is liquefied and just golden. Remove from the heat and quickly pour into a 10-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange half of the apples in a single layer in a circular pattern in pie plate. Sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Arrange half of the remaining apples in circular pattern over sugar; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Place remaining apples over all, keeping the top as level as possible. Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry to 9-in.; place over apples, pressing gently to completely cover. Do not flute. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. As soon as tart comes out of the oven, carefully invert onto a large serving plate and remove pie plate. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Tart(3)
Sort By :
I would LOVE to say that I made this it was simple and delicious but after two failed attempts, I quit. It is not easy to melt sugar. The first time the sugar dissolved but then hardened in the pie crust. The second attempt led to the sugar not dissolving and hardening in the pie crust. My fault maybe but still not at all an easy recipe.
Quick and much easier than apple pie. I used greased parchment paper on bottom of pan for nonstick removal, and sprinkled 1/2 cup coconut on top of apple slices. The whole family loved it!
DO YOU HAVE TARTE APPLEPIE
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Apple Tart Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Best Apple Pie Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >