Apple Tarragon Granita
Looking for a something-different twist on a classic Italian treat? Fresh tarragon complements the sweet, bright apple flavor of this icy grown-up dessert.
—Debby Harden, Williamston, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In an 8-in.-square dish, combine all ingredients until sugar is
- dissolved. Freeze 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer
- or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert
- dishes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.