Apple Tapioca Recipe
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Arrange the apples in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 fruit.
Reviews for Apple Tapioca
"My family loved this recipe. We thought we could vary it in many ways; use different fruits, use different spices, or add more fruit."