Serve this warm spiced apple mixture over frozen yogurt or angel food cake for a delicious down-home dessert. "It's tasty on a cool evening or anytime for that matter," comments Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Arrange the apples in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon juice,
- salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the apples. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve
- warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 fruit.