Serve this warm spiced apple mixture over frozen yogurt or angel food cake for a delicious down-home dessert. "It's tasty on a cool evening or anytime for that matter," comments Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Arrange the apples in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Tapioca in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p17
Reviews for Apple Tapioca
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
"My family loved this recipe. We thought we could vary it in many ways; use different fruits, use different spices, or add more fruit."