This delicious alternative to maple syrup makes a great change-of-pace topper for French toast and other morning meals. "My husband doesn't feel deprived when I serve this syrup with his waffles and pancakes," says Barbara Hill of Oil Springs, Ontario.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Apple Syrup in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p11
Reviews for Apple Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review