Apple Syrup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Reviews for Apple Syrup(2)
Sort By :
I made this for my waffles this morning and was pleased with how it tasted. I love the spices in it and it was thick. When I compared it to my lite pancake syrup I really Liked it! A lot less calories and just 1 gram of sodium. That is really good. I was very pleased!!
Very good. I didn't have enough Apple Juice, but substituted unsweetened Apple Sauce for the remainder of the liquid and left out the cornstarch. It turned out great! I also added some butter, which gave it a nice rich flavor. My husband and I enjoyed it with some waffles, definitely will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >