Apple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches
Honey mustard adds a sweet tang to this hearty concoction. Apple slices, Swiss cheese, cucumber and turkey are layered between slices of nutritious multi-grain bread. These delicious sandwiches pack well to take to the office or on the trail. —Gloria Updyke, Front Royal, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- Lightly spread mustard on each slice of toast; set aside. Place
- apples on a microwave-safe plate and microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- Arrange half of the apple slices and cheese on 4 slices of toast. Top
- with cucumber and turkey. Add remaining apple and cheese slices. Top
- with remaining toast, mustard side down. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 323 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.