Apple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1. Lightly spread mustard on each slice of toast; set aside. Place apples on a microwave-safe plate and microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- 2. Arrange half of the apple slices and cheese on 4 slices of toast. Top with cucumber and turkey. Add remaining apple and cheese slices. Top with remaining toast, mustard side down. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 323 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.