Honey mustard adds a sweet tang to this hearty concoction. Apple slices, Swiss cheese, cucumber and turkey are layered between slices of nutritious multi-grain bread. These delicious sandwiches pack well to take to the office or on the trail. —Gloria Updyke, Front Royal, Virginia
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- Lightly spread mustard on each slice of toast; set aside. Place apples on a microwave-safe plate and microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- Arrange half of the apple slices and cheese on 4 slices of toast. Top with cucumber and turkey. Add remaining apple and cheese slices. Top with remaining toast, mustard side down. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p20
Reviews for Apple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review