MY MOTHER and I both like to experiment with recipes and created this one 43 years ago. It has come to the rescue for many impromptu occasions when I've had to adjust the serving sizes to unexpected numbers. My family really enjoys chicken, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. -Lynne Glashoerster, Edmonton, Alberta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 11/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or chicken broth
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; rub with rosemary. Top each with a ham slice and a few apple slices; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and remaining apple slices; drizzle with apple juice. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Swiss Chicken in Reminisce September/October 1999, p49
Reviews for Apple Swiss Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review