Apple Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 3 cups sliced peeled cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and apples. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, allspice, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over apples. Dot with half of the butter. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Baste with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Sweet Potato Bake(5)
Sort By :
Just the recipe I was looking for. It went really well together and wasn't too sweet. A nice side dish with ham!
The tart apple combination is a winner! Everyone raved. Very pretty too.
Excellent. Next time I will cut down the sugar as the apples naturally sweeten things up.
Easy to make and GREAT taste.
Not as sweet as some of them :-)
Will make again.
Really yummy with my pork roast. I just added a sprinkle of cinnamon on both layers, which was delicious. Definitely try this one!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >