With just six ingredients, you and a companion can indulge in these warm appel-topped sundaes. From Kerry Dingwall of Ponte Vedra, Florida, this dessert is guilt-free and luscious, too.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, combine the apples, water, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool
- for 5 minutes.
- Divide half of the vanilla wafer crumbs between two dessert dishes.
- Top with frozen yogurt and apple mixture; sprinkle with remaining
- wafer crumbs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 249 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.