Apple Sundaes Recipe
With just six ingredients, you and a companion can indulge in these warm appel-topped sundaes. From Kerry Dingwall of Ponte Vedra, Florida, this dessert is guilt-free and luscious, too.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apples, water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Divide half of the vanilla wafer crumbs between two dessert dishes. Top with frozen yogurt and the apple mixture; sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sundae equals 249 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC