I served this appetizer to my family on Thanksgiving last year. After numerous requests for the recipe, I decided to make it again for Christmas. These tasty little bites are quickly becoming a holiday tradition.
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs, apples and onion mixture. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 stuffing balls.
Originally published as Apple Stuffing Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p42
Reviews for Apple Stuffing Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review