VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle squash with salt. In a small skillet, saute apple slices and raisins in butter until apples are tender. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into squash halves; place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p10
Reviews forApple-Stuffed Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"I used cranberries instead of raisins. I will definitely make this again!"