- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle squash with salt. In a small skillet, saute apple slices and raisins in butter until apples are tender. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into squash halves; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p10
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"I used cranberries instead of raisins. I will definitely make this again!"