Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small skillet, saute apple and onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- 3. Remove plastic; spread apple mixture over meat. Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the juices and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- 5. Pour 3/4 cup sauce over tenderloins. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 200 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins
"I'm not a big fan of pork, but this was BEYOND yummy!!"