- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute apple and onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- Remove plastic; spread apple mixture over meat. Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the juices and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce over tenderloins. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p98
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2013
I'm not a big fan of pork, but this was BEYOND yummy!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >