Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free Caesar croutons
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 tablespoons broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; add raisins. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; saute the apple, celery and onion for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the broth mixture, croutons, nuts, pepper and the remaining broth.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap; fill with stuffing mixture. Close roast; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p39
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2011
This fancy enough for the holidays and melt in your mouth good.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >