Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; add the bread cubes, apples, celery, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each chop by making a horizontal cut through the meat almost to the bone. Sprinkle inside and outside with pepper and remaining salt. Spoon stuffing loosely into pockets.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in an ungreased large baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 364 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer