Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; add the bread cubes, apples, celery, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by making a horizontal cut through the meat almost to the bone. Sprinkle inside and outside with pepper and remaining salt. Spoon stuffing loosely into pockets.
- In a large skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in an ungreased large baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops(4)
Sort By :
Our whole family loved this :)
We absolutely love this recipe in the fall. Something about the mixture of pork and apples, yum! The 15 minute prep time is a little understated, they usually take me quite a while to prep... but it's worth it! Definitely a family favorite!
I love stuffed pork chops, and this recipe is very good! It's definitely going into my "keeper" file. I like to brown the chops before cutting the pocket and stuffing, so that stuffing doesn't fall out.
very good & fast to make!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Stuffing >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >