Apple-Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe
- 18 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Chop stems, reserving 1/3 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use).
- 2. In a small skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and celery in butter. In a small bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, apple, bread crumbs, walnuts, blue cheese, parsley and lemon juice.
- 3. Place mushroom caps on a greased baking sheet; stuff with apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
"These sound really good. I think I will make them this weekend for the superbowl game.( GO STEELER'S )"