These are no ordinary stuffed mushrooms! Blue cheese blends well with the more milk flavors of mushrooms and apples. The recipe can be doubled if needed. —Allen Mann, Warrior, Alabama
- 18 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Chop stems, reserving 1/3 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use).
- In a small skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and celery in butter. In a small bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, apple, bread crumbs, walnuts, blue cheese, parsley and lemon juice.
- Place mushroom caps on a greased baking sheet; stuff with apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Mushroom Caps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p40
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review