Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or additional unsweetened apple juice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add apple; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the bread crumbs, basil, rosemary and remaining salt; heat through.
- 3. Top each piece of chicken with 3 tablespoons apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks; coat with flour. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir apple juice and sherry or additional juice into pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 5. Remove chicken to a serving platter; discard toothpicks. Add remaining butter to pan juices; whisk until blended. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"Great flavor, easy to make. The whole family loved it."