Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
"You'll find this delicious squash is a welcome change from plain vegetable side dishes," assures Karen Scaglione of Nanuet, New York. "It makes a great accompaniment to pork roast."
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side up in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Fill centers with apple. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until butter is melted. Drizzle over squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC