Apple Strudel Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place apples in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Toss baked apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange apples over cream cheese layer; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Use a sharp knife to cut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Apple Strudel Cheesecake(7)
Sort By :
Great cheese cake, loved the apple strudel thing.
This cheesecake has become a family favorite. It is made with less cream cheese than a normal cheesecake, so it is not "quite" as filling as a traditional cheesecake. The apple cinnamon and nut topping is fantastic!
This is a wonderful recipe. I can see this becoming a family favorite.
My family and I didn't care much for this cheesecake. We had high hopes for it as we all love cheesecake and also apples, but reminded us of a cheesecake we could have purchased at the grocery store. My 17 y/o thinks it would be better with a graham cracker crust and I agree. She is also allergic to nuts, so I didn't use them and they may be a necessary ingredient.
I received many compliments on this cheesecake and would make it again. Very nice flavors and looked beautiful too.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Strudel >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >