Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
If you like pumpkin, you'll love these moist muffins from Mary Ann Taylor of Rockwell, Iowa. With an appealing streusel topping and tender apple bits throughout, they make a great accompaniment to a harvest meal or a handy breakfast on the run.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC