- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
"My family liked these at the Thanksgiving dinner party, of course they mostly preferred the pumpkin"
"I made these following the recipe exactly and they were wonderful! Very moist and a nice blend of pumpkin and apple. I agree with the other comments as far as the streusel topping though, it pretty much melted on top of the muffin. Next time I will add more flour and use less butter."
"These muffins are amazing! I used tart, Granny Smith apples for a more distinctive taste. They're the best straight out of the oven! A lot of oil, though. I'm going to try my next batch with the applesauce substitution."
"Made this as a bread. Delicious. I used fresh pumpkin. This recipe is a keeper, very moist and flavorful. YUM!"