Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Sort By :
"These muffins are amazing! I used tart, Granny Smith apples for a more distinctive taste. They're the best straight out of the oven! A lot of oil, though. I'm going to try my next batch with the applesauce substitution."
"Made this as a bread. Delicious. I used fresh pumpkin. This recipe is a keeper, very moist and flavorful. YUM!"
"Deliciously different. Would not change a thing!"
"The crumb topping wasn't at all crumbly - more of a paste. I broke it up with my hands and put it on top of the batter. It sort of just melted over the top. Tasted fine, just hard to work with. Less butter and more flour or oatmeal would make it better I think. Muffins (actually I made some muffins and some mini loaves of bread) were very tasty and moist. 2 other things I changed were substituting 1/4c applesauce for 1/4c of the oil (to cut the fat), and added chopped pecans on the top of the crumb topping on some of the muffins."