If you like pumpkin, you'll love these moist muffins from Mary Ann Taylor of Rockwell, Iowa. With an appealing streusel topping and tender apple bits throughout, they make a great accompaniment to a harvest meal or a handy breakfast on the run.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Pumpkin Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p47
Reviews for Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review