- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Sort By :
"I made these following the recipe exactly and they were wonderful! Very moist and a nice blend of pumpkin and apple. I agree with the other comments as far as the streusel topping though, it pretty much melted on top of the muffin. Next time I will add more flour and use less butter."
"These muffins are amazing! I used tart, Granny Smith apples for a more distinctive taste. They're the best straight out of the oven! A lot of oil, though. I'm going to try my next batch with the applesauce substitution."
"Made this as a bread. Delicious. I used fresh pumpkin. This recipe is a keeper, very moist and flavorful. YUM!"
"Deliciously different. Would not change a thing!"