Apple Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Muffins(20)
Sort By :
These muffins came out delicious..the whole family loved them. They're a great way to get kids to eat apples. I did add pecans to a few.
This is a family favorite. We never make the glaze. I use frozen apples if I do not have fresh.
Great without the glaze. I used Rome apples, my favorite baking apples.
I made the muffins without the glaze and they were amazing. I would call them mini coffee cakes, so dense and moist from the apples. I will try them with nuts next time. I love finding new apple recipes, I am crazy for apples.
Very good! I would make half the amount of glaze next time - it was a little excessive. Otherwise, very moist and flavorful and just the right amount of sweetness.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Muffins >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >