- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Streusel Muffins
Sort By :
"I have made these a number of times. They are very good."
"These are one fantastic muffin. I added 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. 1/2 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg and 1 tsp. cinnamon extract to the muffin batter-that added a nice flavor note with the apples. I didn't glaze them because I knew I would be putting some in the freezer. They were delicious even without the glaze-so nice and tender and the streusel added the perfect crunch to the top. Thank you Dulcy for sharing this wonderful recipe."
"Light & full of flavor."
"These muffins came out delicious..the whole family loved them. They're a great way to get kids to eat apples. I did add pecans to a few."
"This is a family favorite. We never make the glaze. I use frozen apples if I do not have fresh."