- In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175° stir in sugar until
- dissolved. Cool. In a large bowl, combine milk mixture; cream and
- vanilla. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions, adding apple mixture during the last 5
- minutes of processing.
- Spoon a third of the ice cream into a freezer container. Top with a
- third of the streusel mixture. Drizzle with a third of the caramel
- topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining ice cream. With a
- spatula, cut through ice cream in several places to gently swirl
- layers. Cover; freeze overnight. Garnish with the remaining streusel
- and caramel topping.
- Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 344 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.