Apple-Strawberry Spinach Salad
I created this salad myself and love to serve it in spring when strawberries are at their peak.--Carolyn Popwell, Lacey, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Just before serving,
- pour over salad and toss. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 391 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 1,015 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.