Apple-Strawberry Peanut Salad
This recipe originally called just for apples, but I added the strawberries for extra color. Folks who try this salad agree the salty nuts contrast with the sweet fruit.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium apples, cubed
- 1 to 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine apples, strawberries and celery. In a small
- bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey and celery seed; mix well. Just
- before serving, add peanuts to fruit mixture and drizzle with
- dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 242 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.