- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° to 130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour and apples. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until blended. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stir dough down. Spoon walnut-size pieces of dough over nut mixture. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before inverting onto a large serving platter. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Sticky Buns
"Excellent. I have made these for 3 years on Christmas day--as a newly married wife, it's my new family tradition and my husband loves these! Not to sweet, and very moist."
"Incredibly easy for a yeast bread. I love the cinnamon/apple pairing. I will definitely grace my table with this yummy bread again!!"