VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° to 130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour and apples. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until blended. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stir dough down. Spoon walnut-size pieces of dough over nut mixture. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before inverting onto a large serving platter. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Sticky Buns in Country February/March 2004, p51
Reviews forApple Sticky Buns
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2012
"Excellent. I have made these for 3 years on Christmas day--as a newly married wife, it's my new family tradition and my husband loves these! Not to sweet, and very moist."