Apple Spinach Salad Recipe
Apple, onion and bacon flavor this crunchy salad from Roberta Ashcraft of Twin Falls, Idaho. "After eating a similar salad at a restaurant, I concocted my own version," Roberta relates. "The dressing gets its zip from chili powder and hot pepper sauce."
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, apple, bacon, onion and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p56
Reviews for Apple Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2014
Although am not in favor of chili powder/hot sauce, saving recipe. Glad to notice it is **diabetic friendly**.