Apple Spiced Tea
When was the last time you stopped for afternoon tea? After you try this sweetly spiced drink, you’ll make it a regular event. —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 black tea bag
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling
- water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bag and
- spices. Stir in sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 112 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.